Do you want to work alongside experienced, compassionate veterinarians and a knowledgeable, caring staff? We are always glad to review applications from enthusiastic, hard working, and animal-loving people who wish to join our team of veterinary health care professionals.
Current Open Positions
The veterinary technician is the veterinarian’s primary medical support. They begin the examination procedure and continue to assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis and treatment phases. They aid the veterinarians in achieving greater efficiency by relieving the, of technical work and administrative detail. They have a very significant role in communicating and educating clients about their pets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to inspire, teach, multitask and be highly functional team member
- Attention to detail
- Work successfully as a team member and autonomously
- Sense of urgency
- Critical thinking Skills
- Effective patient restraint
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.).
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Provide compassionate care to patients and clients
- Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks
- Legibly keep accurate medical records in accordance hospital policy
- Prepare and maintain the exam rooms and treatment areas
- Perform physical assessment’s record observations legibly in files or computer
- Effectively restrain pets even when large or difficult
- Understands all common vaccinations and vaccination protocols and can explain to clients
- Understands the importance of a clean and orderly facility, does not hesitate to clean or organize as part of a normal job duty
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees
- Gives SQ, IM, and IV injections
- Handle client’s medical questions with confidence and direct to veterinarians when appropriate
- Prepare estimates for procedures and discuss financial commitments with clients supporting hospital financial policies
- Explain necessary follow up and home-care instructions
- Understands usage, dosage, and common side-effects for commonly used prescription drugs and can readily explain them to the clients
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by the inventory control system
- Assist the veterinarian in medical, surgical and dental procedures; prepares patients for surgery; administers anesthesia; monitors patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids
- Properly care for all surgical materials; keep the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery
- Perform emergency procedures such as control of bleeding, resuscitation with oxygen, opening airways m and external cardiac massage
- Perform clinical laboratory procedures such as fecal flotation exams, heartworm checks, skin scrapings, urinalysis, and fungal cultures; draws blood for laboratory analysis; maintains file of lab test results and ensures that test results are recorded in patient records
- Effectively position for and take radiographs
- Place IV catheters and properly care for them. Understands the use and care of IV pumps as well
- Knows common disease states and can alert veterinarians when symptoms change or when concerns arise with hospitalized patients
- Prepare a patient and the machine for an ultrasound procedure
- Admit patients following hospital policy and doctors written orders
- Discharge patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Certification (RVT/CVT) required
- Previous On-The-Job Training required
Animal Hospital of West Chester is currently seeking a Veterinary Assistant to join our growing team. We are seeking an individual that is team oriented, positive, and has excellent communication skills with fellow colleagues and clients. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast- paced environment and is dedicated to assisting in practicing the highest quality of veterinary care. The candidate will be responsible for providing strong support to the nursing department. The position provides an opportunity to work closely with our veterinarians and Registered Veterinary Technicians while learning about cutting-edge medicine. Experience is preferred, but not required. We will train the right candidate.
- Assist in patient procedures: preparation of patients, instruments, equipment, and medications.
- Manage appointments: obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc.
- Ensure patients receive the highest quality care.
- Multitask and be a highly functional team member.
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete.
- Ensure all supplies are stocked in all areas of hospital.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary.
- Attention to detail.
Download our Employment Application and mail it to our office or email us at email@example.com.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Get in touch with one of our representatives today.